Friday, June 17, 2011

Not Much to Say

'Dark Souls' by Paula Morris is an okay YA about a girl who can see ghosts visiting York with her family. It's not a bad read, but there's nothing about it to either praise or condemn, either. Okay. Maybe one thing. I wish it had been spookier. The heroine reads both 'Northanger Abbey' and 'The Mysteries of Udolpho' over the course of the book, and, yet, there was none of that creepy Gothic tension. No questioning what is happening or who's the good guy and who's the bad guy.

'Another Piece of My Heart' by Jane Green is a novel I received in a very early manuscript form, so I don't feel comfortable saying anything about it. I mean, I haven't even told the person who gave it to me what I think, and that has to come first. I'll only say that I liked it much more than I expected to.

No comments:

Post a Comment