Sunday, June 1, 2014

Adieu, Jay Lake

I had started a post on a book that was an antidote to 'The Queen of the Tearling' and had planned to finish it up and post it today. But, as soon as I got to work this morning, I heard that Jay Lake had died and my plans changed.

I didn't know Jay well--we met a handful of times and attended the same haggis party once--but the few interactions I had with him made me realize he was genuinely good people. I am deeply grateful that I had the opportunity to get to know him, however slightly. I feel as if my life was made just a little bit better for having crossed his path. I know that my reading life was made a whole lot better for having read his words.

My heart goes out to his family and friends. If I, who hardly knew him, am feeling this grief, I can't imagine how much worse it must be for those who were close to him.

Good bye, Jay Lake. You are missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment